Saturday 20 October 2018

༺⋆༻•༺•*⊱⋆✰⋆⊰*•༻•༺⋆༻BOOK REVIEW༺⋆༻•༺•*⊱⋆✰⋆⊰*•༻•༺⋆༻

FOOL'S ERRAND

by Lilliana Anderson



5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


An absolute corker of a book, that made me both laugh and cry

Move over Nate, Abbot is now my favourite Cartwright brother (though I'm still betting on Toby totally taking and breaking my heart in the final book). This book gave me ALL the feels, Sloane and Abbot are wonderful characters. I totally believed in Sloane (especially since she was an older heroine) and fell absolutely, utterly, totally in love with Abbot. He was so sexy, hot and gorgeous.


I may have started drooling. Hell, my eyes might have bugged out of my head and made that hubba-hubba sound like a cartoon character.

If I was a gif I'd be Adam Sandler going 'So. Hot'.


When a face from her childhood shows up unexpectedly, Sloane is thrown into a world she was no longer sure she fitted into. But the job offer would solve her financial woes and allow her to move on from her sad and lonely existence.




I knew for a fact that Pop did the odd 'questionable' job over the years - I didn't want to do anything so risky I could get caught. Orange is the New Black was a great show and all, but I didn't want to be a cast member.


Sloane didn't count on the intense chemistry that would exist between her and Abbot, boy it was explosively hot and, along with a bet, kept them both on their toes. Their sexual teasing and games really drove the story along and was great fun... until suddenly it wasn't.




We were back to being just friends. Just like that. 

No more sex games... which was for the best. Obviously. 

Really it was. 

It was.....


This tale enthralled me, I couldn't put it down. In fact, despite it being a week night and having an alarm set for 6.10am the next day, I read until almost midnight. Thankfully the story reached a point where I could leave it until the next day, not that I wanted to! The writing is fantastic, the pace engaging and the plot captivating.



Refreshingly this story doesn't just end at the HEA point, it carried on past that point, mainly with the ongoing back ground story from previous books. Whilst reading those would add extra understanding, the author does a really good job of filling in enough details so that this can be read as a stand alone.


There are some books where you want to read the story, without ever reaching the end. This was definitely in that rare and select group for me. I could read about the sexy, fun Abbot and the natural, sassy Sloane forever.




༺⋆༻•༺•*⊱⋆✰⋆⊰*•༻•༺⋆༻

SYNOPSIS

I’m a tomboy through and through. But when the man of my dreams walks through my door, I want to be all woman. But that’s not how I roll…. 

Skirts and dresses, makeup and perfume. Things I knew nothing about. With my red hair and lanky body, I was just one of the guys. The ‘cool’ girl they hung out with but rarely dated seriously. Not that I had time for relationships anymore. Ever since my grandad passed, I’d been working day and night to try and salvage the failing locksmith business he’d spent his lifetime building. 

Then he walked in. Abbot Cartwright. Childhood friend. Collector of many women. I hadn’t seen him since he was thirteen. 

He grew up good. 

He also liked to play games. Games I was willing to be a part of, at first. Then things started getting serious—and illegal...

I had feelings and morals. 
Abbot didn’t have either. 
He needed my expertise, and I needed his commitment. 

Seemed neither of us was going to get one without the other. And I was getting too old to play games.

༺⋆༻•༺•*⊱⋆✰⋆⊰*•༻•༺⋆༻

PURCHASE LINK

AMAZON - https://www.amazon.com/Fools-Errand-Cartwright-Brothers-Book-ebook/dp/B07FL5MDYW

༺⋆༻•༺•*⊱⋆✰⋆⊰*•༻•༺⋆༻

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.