Friday 26 October 2018

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ CHAOS BORN BOOK REVIEW ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

CHAOS BORN
by Kallista Dane

A reverse harem, science fiction romance
˚. ★ *˛ ˚* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰ •* ˚ ✰


4 stars



Whilst this is the second book of a series it can be read as a stand alone. I haven't read the first book, Fire Born but was easily able to pick up the story. This is a fast paced novella, with a twisty plot and a high heat factor.


I've read a couple of books by the author, so expected a steamy plot with some nice world building and good pace. I was surprised how quickly I got into the story, particularly since I'd not read the first instalment. The author did an excellent job of providing enough backstory without ruining the first book. The only thing I did miss out on was getting to know Drayke, as he plays a fairly minor role in this book.



As part of a prophecy, Queen Melisandre will join (literally) with 4 men to defeat an evil force threatening her word. The Lord of Darkness is searching for magical artefacts, Melisandre and her lovers will need to get to them first.


This is a well written piece of escapism, a fun and quick read that definitely left me wanting to read more of the series. Whilst this story revolves around a substantial amount of erotic content, it also has an interesting plot and some good world building. There are scenes of domination/submission, discipline and power exchange. If these offend you then this isn't the book for you. Me? I totally enjoyed them, along with the adventurous quest to save the world. I do wish this part was longer, it was all over a little quickly and yet was such a good idea. 



I liked both main characters and how they interacted with each other. I even didn't mind the insta-love, though the 'fated destiny' definitely element made this more palatable. Melisandre definitely struggled with her desires, I loved how this was dealt with in the story, it was both unusual and unique. Magnus was a perfect foil to her, and certainly taught Drayke a thing or two about mastering their woman. Even though this is a novella, I did feel the connection between the three characters and am intrigued how the next hero will be integrated into the relationship.


I would happily recommend this to 18+ readers who enjoy an erotic read that involves power exchange/BDSM elements.

˚. ★ *˛ ˚* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰ •* ˚ ✰




Synopsis

TWO DARK DOMINATING WARRIORS WILL BATTLE ONE ANCIENT ENEMY. 

AND I'M THE PRIZE. 

The Lord of Darkness is determined to conquer our world - and claim me as his bride. 

I once ruled the World of the Seven Stars as the Virgin Queen. But tonight I will kneel in shameful submission before two stern masters. 

The Oracle says I'm fated to mate with them both. That only together can we defeat an enemy old as the Universe. 

Two powerful warriors have agreed to join my fight. On one condition. They have dark desires of their own. Savage hungers. If I don't obey their every command tonight, no matter how wicked - I'll be punished. 

Author's Note: Chaos Born is a standalone novel in the World of the Seven Stars. It’s an MFM romance featuring two sexy Alpha males, one strong-willed queen, and lots of heat! 



Amazon US - https://www.amazon.com/Chaos-Born-Sci-Fi-Romance-Warriors-ebook/dp/B07J9KNSJC

Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chaos-Born-Sci-Fi-Romance-Warriors-ebook/dp/B07J9KNSJC




˚. ★ *˛ ˚* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰ •* ˚ ✰

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.