Wednesday 10 October 2018

BOOK REVIEW

Chocolate and Sin
by KF Breene



My Review - 5+ stars of awesome amazingness



I feel like I don't have adequate words to say how simply amazing this book is


Why have I left it so long since I last read a KF Breene book? This was fast paced, had amazing world building, great characters, humour, steam (even if it was frustrated sexual tension!), intrigue and some very heart touching moments.



He tossed the packet on the table angrily. "He's trying to buy her."


"Obviously. But wow." Daisy blew out a breath. "He thinks she's worth a lot."

"That's because she is." Mordecai turned away toward the fridge.

"Yes, Mordie, we know she is worth more than a basket of gold and chocolate. But usually we're the only ones."



Daisy and Mordacai were two of the best supporting characters that I've come across in a LONG time. I loved how they were so often the voice of reason and provided the maturity that Alexis often lacked!



"Keep that egging idea on the back burner," I said.



This pair made me laugh and cry, their love for each other and for Alexis was palpable.



"Did you fall off the logic truck and hit your head on stupid?" Moredecai asked



I absolutely adored Alexis, she is tough, strong, fearless (and when she isn't fearless she does a good bluff of it) along with determined and a full on protective Momma Bear. I was really glad she didn't give in to the hugely attractive but still slightly alpha hole-ish Kieran. He may be a sex-on-a-stick Demigod, but he also needs to lose some of the stalker-ish, controlling tendencies and earn Alexis' sexual favours. I can't wait until he does because this pair have enough chemistry and heat to power a small country.



The plot is a perfect blend of laughs, mystery, banter, peril and a wonderful battle of wills. I loved the slow reveal of many pertinent facts, it was done slowly enough to absorb and assimilate all the information, but quickly enough that my interest never waned. 



If you didn't have bad luck, Alexis, you'd have no luck at all.


I am absolutely in love with this quartet, highly recommend this book and can't wait for the next one to be out.


Synopsis


Some people are ordained for greatness…

Those people usually have a lot of drama in their life. Drama I happily do without. I live in a forgotten corner of nowhere for a reason: there is safety in anonymity. I have enough problems just trying to get by.

But when Kieran, a sinfully sexy demigod at the pinnacle of power, crashes into my life, suddenly my whole world is turned upside down.

He’s harboring a deadly secret, one that could destroy all he holds dear. He thinks I’m the key to his salvation, and he wants me to help him claim vengeance.

He also wants me with a passion that burns my body from the inside out.

To ignore him is impossible, but to give in to my desires, even for a night, would thrust me into danger I might not survive.

Remember what I said about drama? Now I’m in it up to my eyeballs, and I’m not sure if I should run...or fight.‘



Free in Kindle Unlimited
Amazon Worldwide - mybook.to/SinChocolateKFB

Add Sin & Chocolate to your TBR - https://bit.ly/2NWpOyZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.