Sunday 9 December 2018

BOOK REVIEW ~~~~~~~~~ MAKE ME BEG (Riggs Brothers #4) ~~~~~~~~~ by Julie Kriss

MAKE ME BEG

Riggs Brothers #4

by Julie Kriss

ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。 




You wouldn't believe Dex Riggs and I are from the same town. He's the ultimate bad boy; I'm the one who goes by the book. He's a sexy former cop with a shady past; I'm the girl who married her high school sweetheart. 


But now my marriage is over, I'm burned out on my business, and worst of all, I never got the baby I wanted. And now I never will. 


Unless Dex is willing to make a deal. 





I get a baby; he gets... me. For a little while. Once I'm knocked up, we'll go our separate ways. That's the rule. 

I've never broken a rule. Dex has broken all of them. 

Which rule will we break first?


ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。 



MY REVIEW - 5 STARS


I've read so many character linked series where there has been a big build up to the story of the moody, loner, alpha male guy.  Your heart has been stolen by brief glimpses of this guy in prior books, and you just know he is to die for.  Then you get hold of the book and are left somewhere between disappointed and p***ed off. It lacks everything the other books had and leaves you cold.


WELL NOT THIS ONE!!!!!! Nope, Nopey No No, this one was absolutely swoonmazingly awesome.  Oh my word how my heart melted for Dex, he was everything I wanted and so much more too.  So vulnerable and sweet under all that bravado.  Lauren is one lucky girl and was absolutely perfect for him.  This was definitely well worth the wait.  I loved it so much I couldn't put it down and it became a one-sit reading.



This was a little insta-love, though the two main characters had been fascinated with each other in high school.  However the connection and chemistry between this pair was so believable that I happily embraced a trope that doesn't often work for me.  Dex and Lauren did more than make love, their very souls came together and were bound for eternity.




We had previously only seen Dex through the eyes of others, but I always knew he had hidden depths.  He was no where near the don't give a damn alpha-hole that had been portrayed, though this was the image he deliberately projected for others.  I loved how Lauren's own pain and suffering allowed her to see the same pain and suffering that Dex hid so well from others.  I loved how the pair of them instinctively understood and saw the truth of the other person.


Have I already said how Dex was so much more, so much deeper, so much more damaged, so much more complex and wonderful than I could have imagined.  Lauren was just as wonderful. I truly, totally and utterly fell in love with this pair and they will always have a special place in my heart.


You need to read this book, and this series, now.


ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。 





ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。 


Ratings

5 stars - This is a book I will not forget and would definitely read again.

4 stars - I really enjoyed this book, I might not read it again but I would definitely recommend it to others.

3 stars - This story was good but either forgettable or just very typical of its genre.

2 stars - Whilst the book was readable I either didn't enjoy parts of the plot or just could not connect to the main characters.

1 star - This is a book I simply could not finish for reasons listed in the review.



ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.