Saturday 21 April 2018

´`★.¸¸¸. •°´♡ BOOK REVIEW´`★.¸¸¸. •°´♡

TAVARR'S MATE by Sue Lyndon


Will this be third time lucky for Katrina, or is she forever destined to be mistreated by her man?



This is a 'captured by the alien' read, by Sue Lyndon, that felt just a little different to the run of the mill. It has dark elements and does contain possible triggers, but is also a very romantic read. I've read a couple of anthology stories by this author, and when I spotted this on kindle unlimited thought I would give it a try. I don't always have huge expectations of this genre. It's not that I feel the writing is poor, but they can be fairly similar in content, so I was pleasantly surprised by Tevarr's Mate. It wasn't filled to the brim with erotic scenes that were vaguely linked together by a weak and uninspired plot.


I came to this NOT having read the blurb, and I'm glad because it gave the opening chapters a lot more impact than I feel they otherwise might have. Without wanting to give too much away I will say that Katrina has spent her whole life not being good enough. Not for her family, not for her fiancee. Just as she hopes to escape the darkness that is dragging her down, things take a turn for the worse. Much worse. This is a story of learning to believe in yourself, to trust yourself and to trust in love.


The story is written entirely from Katrina's point of view. Whilst I missed having the hero's view point, for this story it felt necessary. I didn't struggle to believe in Tavarr, nor his devotion to and love for Katrina, though I didn't feel that strong a connection to him. I really liked Katrina, and felt her actions and reactions were both very normal and believable. Without wishing to spoil the plot, I liked the balance of 'angst' in this story. It was what made it feel a little unusual and different from so many others. Despite having some very dark moments, overall this didn't feel like too heavy a read. It has some steamy scenes but they felt neither too frequent nor too graphic.


The pace of the book was good and it easily held my attention. I never felt the need to skim parts nor ever felt like consigning this to the DNF pile. I'm happy to recommend this book to those who enjoy sci-fi romances. 



Synopsis
I am fated to belong to a seven-foot tall alien warrior named Tavarr. He's coming for me soon.

My name is Katrina. After the Kleaxians attacked the humans on Tallia, I was captured by a cruel alien named Vonn. He claimed me as his mate, but tormented me for weeks and even tried to kill me. When he was executed for his crimes, I thought my nightmare had finally come to an end. But then his older brother, Tavarr, shows up burning with a biological urge to claim me.

Darkly handsome Tavarr's mere presence makes my body hum with pleasure, and his touch prompts a relentless ache between my thighs. But I'm worried he's too much like his brother. What if he tries to kill me too?

Despite my fears, I'm drawn to the tenderness in Tavarr's dark otherworldly gaze, and I want to believe his intentions are true. However, the flashes of primal lust in his purple eyes don't escape my notice. When it's time to claim me, I don't think he'll be quite as gentle as promised.

Publisher's Note: Tavarr's Mate is a DARK sci-fi alien romance, containing explicit scenes and themes of power exchange, as well as scenes some readers may find triggering or disturbing. If such dark subject matter offends you, please do not buy this book. This story takes place in the same world as Kenan's Mate, however it can be enjoyed as a standalone title.

Purchase Links

Amazon US http://a.co/blpJPH6
Amazon UK  http://amzn.eu/2AQLC28



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.