Thursday 19 April 2018

BOOK REVIEW *********FOR THE LOVE OF LUCA by Soraya Naomi*********


For the Love of Luca by Soraya Naomi
Chicago Syndicate #8



Genre: Romantic Suspense/Mafia Romance
Release Date: April 17, 2018


My Review - 5 Stars

Theirs is a love soul deep and for eternity, but can it survive the pressures of the syndicate?

Despite Fallon and Luca appearing in two previous books, For the Love of Luca CAN be read as a stand alone. I know this for a fact as, despite having all the CS books on my kindle I've only read #6 and #7 thus far! Connections, positions and relationships were clearly explained but without providing any real spoilers if you are new to the series. Having read two previous books, I know I enjoy this author's work and was very keen to continue with this engaging series.

I was intrigued by how the author, would hold my attention when the romance and falling in love had already happened in a previous book. Would she be able to make this couple capture my heart? Would I care about them, believe in both them and their love, cry and laugh with them? The simple answer? A very resounding YES!

"How did we end up here? Moreover, how many punches can a heart that's in love take?"

Luca and Fallon share a love so deep it should last forever. However a series of strange events leave Luca not believing or trusting Fallon, and Fallon desperate to find the truth. Fallon is Luca's rock, his anchor in a violent and dangerous world. The loss of his sanctuary leads to some very foolish actions, hurting both Fallon and himself in the process. Fallon is strong enough to hold them all together, but only if she can find a way back to Luca's heart.

" "Then get out," she snaps, the words spearing through my heart as she pins a look of distrust on me. It's the look of distrust I've most likely been giving...... "

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, it held my attention throughout. The pace and well thought through plot meant that at times I couldn't turn the pages quickly enough. There were times when I wanted to shake BOTH of the main characters. I wanted to shake Fallon and tell her to pack her bags and go. Actually I didn't want to shake Luca, I wanted to give him a good hard smack around the back of the head and tell him to stop being such an a$$. Thankfully he did redeem himself, and magnificently so.

"...but deep down, I realise I deserve this and much more."

I love it when characters engage me so much they make me feel. I was so enmeshed in this story that there were times I got angry with a character, there were times I was so sad for a character and there were times when a character made my day.

"Yet I ignore his hurt, like he marginalised mine. "No. I won't calm down, because I miss my children so much." "

The editing of these books is amazing, I personally didn't notice ANY grammatical errors, switched words or spelling mistakes. I DID notice, in slower more relaxed passages, the author had a tendency to tell us what colour everything was (black jeans and garnet sweater, brown leather belt, two black mugs....LOL). Once I noticed this it did start jumping out at me, but that's entirely ME and lets be honest, if that is the ONLY 'bad' thing about this book (and bad is certainly not the correct description here) then it tells you just how good it is.

"While I'd love to tell him everything will be okay, I'm not so sure. I stand up. "And now, the damage has been done." "

At one point I did find myself skimming the 'love scenes'. Not because they were bad or excessive, but just because I wanted to get to the 'story'. However I realised this was a mistake, I was missing important interactions between Fallon and Luca and more importantly the emotional impact of these encounters. So I immediately went back and re-read those passages.

"One thing you learn in the mafia is to forgive and forget, or kill."

This is a mafia romance, and whilst it doesn't go into too much graphic detail of violence it doesn't shy away from the seedier side of things either. That along with the very steamy love scenes means that I would rate this as an 18+ read and would happily recommend it to my friends.


BLURB
A standalone in series. Although part of the Chicago Syndicate world, For the Love of Luca is a standalone and can be enjoyed either with or without reading the rest of the series.
I’m a man who has it all: power, love, and wealth.
I’m a man who always needs to be in control.
I’m a husband.
I’m a murderer.
I’m the underboss of the Chicagoan mafia.
I keep the world that Fallon and I have created in our home safe, and I’d sacrifice anything or anyone to protect the woman I love and my high ranking position without an ounce of remorse.
Until my worst nightmare comes true and I lose control over my home and myself, posing a challenge neither Fallon nor I ever anticipated.
And I fear that being a good husband and being a good Mafioso might get one of us killed.

A standalone novel from the Chicago Syndicate world.






PURCHASE LINKS – 99c for a very limited time

Free in Kindle Unlimited

ALSO AVAILABLE 
#1-7 Chicago Syndicate Series

All free in Kindle Unlimited




AUTHOR BIO

Soraya Naomi writes provocative novels with a sinfully seductive blend of romance, suspense & men who love hard and at all costs.
Apart from indulging in chocolate pastries much too often, Soraya Naomi is also an avid reader. She has a passionate obsession with the written word and reads many genres but favors intense, seductive, and provocative novels where the male character loves fiercely, without remorse or boundaries. She adores Dark Romances, Romantic Suspense, Historical Romances, New Adult, and PNR.
Her debut novel For Fallon (Chicago Syndicate, #1) was released on July 26, 2014. She’s honored that For Fallon won “Best Breakout Novel 2014” in the Novel Grounds Semi Annual Literary Awards.
Sign up to Soraya’s newsletter to keep up to date with release dates: http://www.subscribepage.com/newslettersorayanaomi



AUTHOR LINKS





GIVEAWAY 
There is a giveaway for a $15 Amazon gift card

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.