Monday 14 January 2019

BOOK REVIEW ---- 5 STARS, Magic, Paranormal

Sin & Magic 

(Demigods of San Francisco Book 2)

by KF Breene





My Review - 5 stars


I loved Sin & Chocolate, but Sin & Magic was even better!


There were so many things I loved about this book.  I loved the amazing characters, the snarky humour, the action and intrigue and the fast paced action of the book.  I also loved that we saw a different side to Kieran.  I mean he was hot when he was a controlling and domineering alpha-hole, but he was absolutely swoon-some when he was a caring, bossy, control freak of a Demigod.


His fingers squeezed my upper arms, edging up to the line of painful. 
I shifted, edging up to the line of kicking him in the balls


Lexi continues to be the same scatty hot-mess that you can only fall more and more in love with. Seriously I could change sides for that girl.  There is just something so endearing about her, not to mention her two rule-breaking charges, Daisy and Mordechai.


"Ew," Daisy said, her fingers digging into my arm. I had to agree. This was 
one of the grossest things I'd seen, and given that I'd been working with dead bodies, that was really saying something. 




The chemistry between Lexi and Kieran was scorching, and thank goodness that they finally got to bumping uglies in this book.  I SO want this pair to find their HEA, they both deserve some love and peace in their lives.


The train of terrible ideas was screaming down the tracks, and I didn't 
want to jump. 
wanted to ride it all the way in. Such bad news. 


One of the best things about this series, and KF Breene books, are the secondary characters. They have so much depth and personality that they jump off the page and really deserve their own books too.  I loved getting to know more about some of 'The Six' and howled with laughter at some of Bria's antics.  The story also made significant progress, which is another really big positive.  The end game is bringing down Kieran's dad, within this are lots of plot strands and side stories, some of which drew to a conclusion in this book.





Synopsis

I've agreed to work for a Demigod. My job? Find the spirit of his mother and release her before his vengeful father finds out and kills us all.

Have I lost my mind?

Thankfully, I don't have to do it alone. Kieran has brought in help: a Necromancer who loves to flirt with danger. Bria can help me find the clues to free Kieran's mom. 

She can also help me learn my potent and extremely terrifying magic.

But as we work deeper into magical San Francisco, we uncover a minefield waiting to explode. I'm learning that there are far worse things than death. 








Ratings

5 stars - This is a book I will not forget and would definitely read again.

4 stars - I really enjoyed this book, I might not read it again but I would definitely recommend it to others.

3 stars - This story was good but either forgettable or just very typical of its genre.

2 stars - Whilst the book was readable I either didn't enjoy parts of the plot or just could not connect to the main characters.

1 star - This is a book I simply could not finish for reasons listed in the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.