Saturday 26 January 2019

A 5 star Dark Romance



Cards of Love: Justice 

by Amelia Wilde


My rating: 5 of 5 stars







Well, well, well, Amelia Wilde don't you just have a hitherto unknown dark and twisty side?


I am a lover of dark romances, so this book was right up my street. So much so that, despite it being a work day, I read this into the small hours of the morning just so I could finish it. On the scale of all things dark this was a pretty decent shade of grey. There is no non-consensual sex/rape but there are some pretty severe punishments which border the dub-con/non-con line.


Ms Wilde really thought through both her characters and plot, so I found myself both engaged by them and believing in them. Cassian wasn't an antihero, which can often weaken a dark romance, but he was alpha and unrelenting enough to satisfy me. He knew Justice hadn't entered into 'the contract' consensually, but extenuating circumstances forced his hand, he also tried to make the best of a bad situation.


Justice had a naivety and innocence at her core, but she was also a spitfire and I thoroughly enjoyed reading about her. The chemistry between Cassian and Justice was intense and with the book being written from both pov's it was easy to buy into their connection. The book is actually only set over a handful of days, so it was fairly insta-love, however the book focused very closely just on the main two characters and this was one occasion where I actually felt it.


Whilst this might not be or all her fans, I really do recommend it if you like a darker read.





Synopsis


Justice was brought to me against her will.
Now I can't let her go.


In the secret world of the ultra-wealthy, everything comes with a price.
The price for breaking the rules? Punishment.

The richest families don't bother with courtrooms to enforce their codes of honor.
No—they come to me.
And they plan in advance.

Justice came to my doorstep without warning.
Kicking. Screaming. Fighting.
The sight of her set my blood ablaze.

But my entire existence depends on discretion.
If I step out of line, the consequences will be deadly.

So I'll take her over my lap.
I'll discipline her as long as it takes.
And I’ll pretend not to notice that she loves it.

Because if I let the fire in her eyes get to me…
…it’ll burn my world to the ground.

Cards of Love: Justice is a steamy romance written by Amelia Wilde. All books in the Cards of Love collection are standalone reads and can be read in any order.




Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MWXC7F5/


Ratings

5 stars - This is a book I will not forget and would definitely read again.

4 stars - I really enjoyed this book, I might not read it again but I would definitely recommend it to others.

3 stars - This story was good but either forgettable or just very typical of its genre.

2 stars - Whilst the book was readable I either didn't enjoy parts of the plot or just could not connect to the main characters.

1 star - This is a book I simply could not finish 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.