Thursday 27 September 2018

BOOK REVIEW - When He Saw Me by Amelia Wilde

When He Saw Me

by Amelia Wilde


A Contemporary Romance



My Review - 4.5 stars

This drew me in and held me spellbound

When this author writes what her heart tells her, rather than what she believes she should be writing, then what she produces is a masterpiece of a story. That is clearly what happened with When He Saw Me. The writing flows smoothly, the characters captivate you immediately and the plot holds your attention through out. 


I really enjoyed this story of two damaged souls who fit together into a wondrous whole. I fell in love with both Ben and Eva. I totally believed in both them as individuals and also as a couple falling in love. They had their quirks, their secrets that seemed so massive to them and yet were not that huge. However this wasn't written in one of those anti-climatic ways, where the author's plot twist was trite and predictable. The was instead a tool that allowed us to understand their personality and psyche. 


Ben is muscled, tall, strong: it takes him no effort to pull me 
in close and wrap his arm around my shoulders.
"I'll carry you if I have to."

That last sentence makes me swoon, and it carries so much more meaning than it might first appear.  It, along with the rest of the book, just made me swoon.






Synopsis 


Eva Lipton is a liar.
I want all of her truth.


I know it the moment I meet her. She’s pretending to be fine.

She’s not.

But I’m not the kind of man to walk away from a mystery.

I never have, never will. I didn’t go to war to become a quitter.

And Eva? She’s the sexiest, most intriguing puzzle I’ve ever met.

She wants to hide.
I want to see everything.

So I’ll strip all her secrets bare.
Screw the consequences.

Yes, the truth hurts...
...but it looks damn good naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.