Sunday 10 March 2019

BOOK REVIEW ------ DESTRUCTION by Jennifer Bene

Destruction
(A Dark Romance)

by Jennifer Bene





🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


I'm obviously as messed up as Lianne to also fall for David


I have had Destruction sitting on my kindle, waiting to be read for quite some time.  Life, arc reading and buying too many books has meant that I just hadn't gotten around to reading it.  However I do know the author is working on completing the second book, so I decided it was time I got myself caught up.


The title is very fitting in so many ways, including the devastation to my soul.  This is a pretty dark read, with non-con (albeit it's enjoyed, but she definitely says no), sadism, violence and what is possibly a healthy dollop of Stockholm Syndrome.


David is an antihero of the first order, doing bad things for misguided reasons.  He and Lianne share some very warped but extremely hot chemistry.  There are passages that make for uncomfortable reading - because you really shouldn't be turned on by such depravity but you are.  Lianne is very easy to like and connect to, their is a very natural and likeable feel to her character.  I disliked David for so much of the book, but that's because he is written to BE hated, until you don't.


The writing held my attention, the characters interested me, whilst the plot and suspense was well paced so as to hold my attention.  I was huddled in the corner of that dank, concrete cell. I was chained across that thin, worn mattress.  The skill of the author put me into the middle of the story, had me screaming in the dark and crying in misery alongside Lianne.


If you're looking for your next dark erotic read then you've found it here.






Vengeance and destruction are all he has left.

Lianna Mercier has everything. She’s beautiful, well-educated, her father is rich, powerful — and she works for him. The perfect little princess, raised to be just like daddy.
But it’s all a lie.
A bloody, screwed up lie, and David Gethen is about to tear it all down and destroy Lianna in the process. He wants revenge, he wants to finish the plan his father started years ago — but after he takes her, after he tortures her, he begins to realize just how wrong he may have been.

Publisher's Note: This book is a dark romance that contains intense scenes, graphic language, and capture fantasy which may be disturbing for some readers. Please choose another book if this is not your cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.