Friday 15 March 2019

The Domestic Discipline Quartet by Golden Angel



Domestic Discipline, anyone?


The Domestic Discipline Quartet 

from Golden Angel 

is AVAILABLE NOW!



 

Get ALL FOUR stories in ONE SET NOW: 



Review

Birching His Bride -  5 stars

This is both a hot read but also has a pretty decent story line too

The books title and the series title warn you what to expect, so if domestic discipline (man spanking woman for bad behaviour) will rile you then don't read this. However if you love a well written historical romance, with some DD and a few kinky scenes then jump right in.

I felt like I devoured this book and totally adored both Edwin and Eleanor. I felt on edge at first, courtesy of the fab writing that pulled me into the story and made me feel Eleanor's anxiety and worries of not being enough for Edwin. 

The modern woman in me wanted to rail at the injustice of her basically having no say in her own life, but that was how it was. Once I let go of my modern day expectations I found I really relaxed into the read and was quite shocked when I got to the epilogue. I needed so much more, especially since we were barely at a HFN point! Thankfully the whole quartet of books is now available, so I don't have to wait to continue Edwin and Eleanor's story, whist also starting to learn more about her brother Hugh and his new bride Irene!


~~~~~~~


Dealing With Discipline - 4.5 stars

A wonderful read

This is a continuation of Edwin and Eleanor's story (from Birching His Bride) though it also follows her brother Hugh, and his bride Irene. The book is written third person, so it's very easy to follow which POV you are reading. The writing is engaging and I really felt the emotions, particularly Eleanor's and Irene's. I flew through the story and my only disappointment is that it ended.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will be diving straight into the next one, where I'm hoping Edwin finally realises just what it is that Eleanor wants from him! I am absolutely smitten with this couple, and love reading about their battle of wills. Irene and Hugh are also a magnificent couple, their characters were very distinct from Edwin and Eleanor as is their relationship dynamic. That said the girls both end up with very sore, red bottoms ;)


~~~~~~~


Punishing His Ward - 4.25 stars

This is the third book of the quartet and really needs to be read after book #1 (Birching His Bride) and book #2 (Dealing With Discipline) . This is the continuation of both Eleanor & Edwin's story, as well as Hugh & Irene's. In addition we have the tale of Wesley & Cynthia.

All three couples are delightful, and the women in particular have very distinct and rounded personalities. Due to the inclusion of scenes between the other couples, Wesley and Cynthia's story did feel somewhat rushed. Their part was very reminiscent of reading a novella, which in effect it was if you removed the none-C&W parts. 

However that didn't stop me from being engaged by, and enjoying the book. I adore Eleanor and it's fun seeing all the coupes and how they interact. There are some wonderfully 'naughty' scenes and plenty of spanked bottoms! Cynthia has a real wild child, I loved her 'don't care' attitude and progressive outlook. I'd love to see more of her getting up to mischief and leading Wesley on a wild chase!


~~~~~~~

Claiming His Wife - 5 stars

A thrillingly hot conclusion to this wonderful quartet of books and couples!

I totally adored this last book, I swooned at how Eleanor finally got her answer, I enjoyed catching up with them all and I LOVED the achingly beautiful reunion of Grace and Alex. 

The books are unusual in that each one has added more and more point of views, yet never once did I struggle to follow the plot or to know which character I was 'hearing'. Excellent writing, plenty of red hot spanking (and beyond) scenes, wonderful characters and an amazing plot made reading this book - and indeed the whole quartet - an absolute delight.

If you love spanking/Domestic Discipline stories, historical romances or just a darn good sexy read then I highly recommend this series. It's well worth investing your time, money and heart in.

Wesley and Cynthia continue to be outrageously risque and love pushing not only each others boundaries, but those of polite society too. Irene continues to grow and blossom under Hugh's loving disciplinarian care, with her years of ingrained conditioning to break through. Edwin and Eleanor continue to lead the way with their uncaring total adoration of the other. 

Grace and Alex, oh my Grace and Alex, this pair will put you through the emotional wringer. Both have their faults and make mistakes, but through out I still cared massively about both of them. They needed their heartbreaking journey in order to build the solid foundation they had never truly possessed before. It made all the sadness, hurt and anger so much more worthwhile.

I'm not always a fan of epilogues, so many times they feel forced and unnecessary, but this one was perfect. It tied the story together with a beautiful bow. Bravo Ms Angel on a wonderful series of books!




 



BLURB:

This box set contains all four books from the Domestic Discipline Quartet - set in Victorian England, the four books interweave through all four couples leading to a guaranteed HEA for everyone... with a few hot bottoms on the way. 

 Birching His Bride - Eleanor knows exactly what kind of man she wants to marry, and Lord Hyde doesn't fit the description at all. Unfortunately, he has his own plans for their future. 

 Dealing with Discipline - Irene has always loved her childhood friend Lord Brooke... how can she possibly make a marriage with Viscount Petersham work? And why does her husband's mere touch make her heart beat faster if she loves Lord Brooke? 

 Punishing His Ward - Wesley, Earl of Spencer, has always been a rogue and a scoundrel... but he's met his match in his ward, the lovely and unrepetant Miss Cynthia Bryant. Suddenly he finds himself in the role of stern guardian - and he's starting to think very unguardian-like thoughts. 

 Claiming His Wife - Lord and Lady Brooke are the scandal of the ton, having lived separately for years. When her estranged husband turns up on her doorstep, Grace assumes that Alex has finally come to his senses and is ready to be rid of her through divorce... but Alex wants his wife back and he's ready to do whatever he must to reconcile with her. 

 Four alpha males with hard hands to mete out stern discipline to their sassy and stubborn wives, these four couples have friendships and romances for the ages.

 


About Angel

Angel is a self-described bibliophile with a "kinky" bent who loves to write stories for the characters in her head. If she didn't get them out, she's pretty sure she'd go just a little crazy. She is happily married, old enough to know better but still too young to care, and a big fan of happily-ever-afters, strong heroes and heroines, and sizzling chemistry. She believes the world is a better place when there's a little magic in it.


Find Angel Online! 
BookBub → http://bit.ly/2G68e3O 
Facebook → http://bit.ly/2Ds7c0e 
Goodreads → http://bit.ly/2rt4rdL 
Instagram → http://bit.ly/2CkqiqZ 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ratings

5 stars - This is a book I will not forget and would definitely read again.

4 stars - I really enjoyed this book, I might not read it again but I would definitely recommend it to others.

3 stars - This story was good but either forgettable or just very typical of its genre.

2 stars - Whilst the book was readable I either didn't enjoy parts of the plot or just could not connect to the main characters.

1 star - This is a book I simply could not finish for reasons listed in the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.