Saturday 24 November 2018

BOOK REVIEW ****** FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS by Liz Durano

Friends with Benefits

A Friends to Lovers Holiday Romance

by Liz Durano


☆*•.¸(*•.*★*.•*´)¸.•☆


4.5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐✵


A beautifully gentle yet emotion filled friends-to-lovers romance





Friends With Benefits is a captivating, stand alone contemporary romance, with two characters we first met in Falling for Jordan . This is more novella length, though it's still a very full and well rounded story, with two very likeable and believable main characters.

Cait and Cam have known each other for years. Not only is Cam her brother's best friend but he's also considered to be part of the family. So when a drunken night leads to something very not platonic, life suddenly gets a lot more complicated. One of them is prepared to go all in, the other thinks they should leave it as a one time deal. Will they be able to bridge the divide? Is it worth the risk?




Cait isn't looking for anything serious. After all she still has a long and busy semester left before she graduates with her Masters degree. Cam is far to busy working long hours to be on of the the best and most successful financial analysts. He also worries he'll turn out like his Dad and not love his wife and child enough to stay around for them. 

This story drew me in straight away and just had that 'very easy to read' feel that kept me hooked throughout. The characters have depth and you find yourself genuinely caring about them. I really enjoyed this story with its romantic, sexy, emotional and well paced plot. You will find yourself rooting for this couple, loving their interactions and wanting to be part of their wonderful wider family.

I highly recommend Friends With Benefits , it's a classy Hallmark movie in book form and the perfect way to get you in the holiday mood.


☆*•.¸(*•.*★*.•*´)¸.•☆



☆*•.¸(*•.*★*.•*´)¸.•☆


Synopsis


Campbell:
There’s an unspoken rule between best friends: he may be your "brother from another mother" but don't ever fall for his gorgeous sister no matter what happens... until you do.


Caitlin:
I’ve known Campbell all my life. He’s the boy next door and my brother’s best friend… the one man outside of family with whom I can completely be myself.

But when I wake up in his bed the morning after his company holiday party, there are two things I suddenly can’t ignore: Campbell Murphy is all grown up in more ways than one, and I no longer want to be just his best friend’s sister. 

But even if we're both on the same page, is a fling worth sacrificing a lifetime of trust between families? Or is it worth a shot at something that had always been there all along?



Each book in A Different Kind of Love series can be read on its own with NO cliffhanger and a guaranteed HEA. Some are angsty and emotional while some are fun, lighthearted, and set during the holiday season… like this one!


☆*•.¸(*•.*★*.•*´)¸.•☆


Ratings

5 stars - This is a book I will not forget and would definitely read again.

4 stars - I really enjoyed this book, I might not read it again but I would definitely recommend it to others.

3 stars - This story was good but either forgettable or just very typical of its genre.

2 stars - Whilst the book was readable I either didn't enjoy parts of the plot or just could not connect to the main characters.

1 star - This is a book I simply could not finish for reasons listed in the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.