Thursday 27 August 2015

What is it with this triangles thing?

I have to say that the current fashion (fad?) for all things triangle has passed me by.  I just don't get it, but **whispers** I didn't get the moustache thing either.   And me a Maths teacher - I should be loving those geometric shapes, LOL!

 
So this sketch challenge over on Sketches in Thyme really was a challenge. 



I did consider replacing all the triangles with flowers or circles (now there is a shape I can appreciate) but decided moving out of my comfort zone would probably be beneficial... as would moving off the sofa occasionally as I will never lose weight sat on my bum :)

Well in for a penny in for a pound so I water colour painted with mists too - no matter how many times I have tried using them through stencils I either forget to mask around the edge or smear it (or both if I am on really fine form).  This I actually managed to do without too much stress **whispers again** in fact I quite enjoyed it!  This is what I did.



Now the paper does buckle - which stresses me slightly.  And why does uneven paper look messy for me when it looks arty for other people - what am I missing?  Some of the triangles are raised up on foam dots, you can't really tell this from the photo - and I wish I had made the green a bit lower so it came below the photo - although the torn paper in the sketch sits in the same position.  I also had to shrink the size of the triangles as my pics were much smaller than the sketch

The pics are from a day out at Rufford Abbey.  There is a ford that seems to attract 'youngsters who want to get soaked by cars splashing as they drive through'.  I don't mind as long as they don't whinge about being cold and wet afterwards.  The eldest by 1 minute son decided he would rather stay dry (which seems a very sensible decision to me).  However it was plenty warm enough that the other two dried out on the walk back to the car.

Thanks for visiting - have a good day,

Louise x

9 comments:

  1. Cute! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!

    Monique Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful! Thanks for using our sketch. Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant layout! *whispers* I didnt get the triangles or moutashe thing either, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked it! Triangles are hard!! LOL Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I love the colours.
    Thanks for taking the time to join us at Sketches in Thyme!
    ~Helen~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page!!!! Thank you for joining us @Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used smaller shapes. It really looks great! Are you liking the shapes any better now? - LOL. Thanks for playing along at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love triangle layouts! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.