Wednesday 19 August 2015

Something Metallic, a Frosted Designs challenge

Onward in my quest of scrapping the 60 or so photos on my desk (end of the dining room table) I am joining in with yet another challenge.  As they say 'make hay while the sun shines' or in my case scrap during the summer holidays because you get no time to yourself for the first 6 weeks of the new school year.


Frosted Designs have are currently running a challenge to 'use Metal or Metallics on your project'.  Well as gold is the new black in the scrapbooking world, and even I have to sometimes move with the times, I felt I could manage this challenge.

So I have created this LO of my DH on our holiday last year (which is a fairly recent picture in terms of my scrapping of late!).  In real life the layout isn't wonky - I think I did that when editing the images.



I do love my husbands love of adventure and that he never feels 'too old' to have a go at something new.

The papers are MME and Crate Paper, along with Webster Pages and Simple Stories 'cut apart sheets' as the journaling cards.  Black and gold washi is also MME.  I am loving the minty aqua colour that is so popular at the moment and the 'Love You' card helped me pick the red accents.  I considered adding some die cut hearts but didn't want to 'girly' the page too much - masculine pages can be such a challenge!

 
 
The metallic gold hearts on the washi tape (MME)

 
The metallic gold heart on a journaling card.


More gold on another journaling card.

Thanks for looking

Louise x

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic and fab design. Love the details and Simple Stories collection used. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.