Thursday 27 August 2015

Scrap Much? sketch

Two weeks into September and I shall have forgotten that time to scrapbook ever existed, especially as I decided to accept the post of Progress and Achievement Leader for Year 11.  So I am scrapping as much as I can now, whilst I have the time.
I want to challenge myself, and this sketch did that -



it probably isn't a layout I would naturally use, especially as the most suitable photo's were of my younger-by-a-minute DS.




I am really pleased with the result. These were photos snapped last year during our May half term holiday at Little Haven. My DS (the younger by 1 minute one) had discovered a very interesting cave that he was desperate to go swimming in - until he found out how cold the water was!

 


I used up more of some sale papers I bought a year ago. I started subscribing to the fantastic Quirky Kits at about the same time and, other than buying white or cream cardstock, am not buying patterned paper until my stash is cleared.  Well... apart from the odd 6 x 6 paper pad and 2 huge paper stacks from TK Maxx (one of which was for using in an album for my parents' Golden Wedding). 

This LO used my now 'trade mark' white cardstock background, a super ancient cut apart journaling card by Simple Stories (actually from a girl's range but it matched), some MME paper, 3 Crate Paper slide frames,



washi tape and an arrow paper clip from Ikea.

 
I have very minimal storage space and it would fill only a few drawers of most scrap rooms I have seen 'on the net' but this means I know most of what I do have AND it isn't too hard to drag it out and use it.  My aim is to get through a chunk of it before the end of August.  I have had a week away so am desperate to get back to the scrap corner and stash bust some more,

thanks for visiting

Louise x

PS when I uploaded the photo I thought it looked bare so the ink splats are an extra addition

6 comments:

  1. Great job Louise! Love all that journaling and your frames! Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch! I love the colours and all the frames. Thanks for playing along at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page, the colors are fabulous the layers a great way to go! Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colour choice and take on this sketch is beautiful
    Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great layout, I like how you did the frames. Thanks for joining the sketch challenge at Scrap Much?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great take on the sketch!!! love how you made it your own with two photos and your frame is fabulous!! Thank you for playing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.