Tuesday 25 August 2015

A reminder of why I scrapbook .....

 I

I was reminded just why scrapbooking is important (to me at least) when I came across some old photos of my daughter that were waiting to be scrapped. 




There she was, a few years ago, happily joining in at the skate park her brothers had pestered to go to :)  A year before she would have had to be taken to the play park as she wouldn't have even thought of trying to scooter or skate.



We no longer visit the skate parks - it is airsoft for the boys and shops for her.  Having said that DD did buy a bright turquoise mini skate board whilst on holiday this year.  She is also wanting a replacement trampoline as ours (whilst 12ft across) is too low to the ground for a larger teenager.

So, without scrapbooking those memories would have been 'lost' - although they are a little hazy since the photo's are so old!

Anyway I used a lovely sketch from Sketches in Thyme, I have found that my pages come together so much more quickly if I use a sketch (even though my LO's don't follow them slavishly.) 


Here is my take, using the photos of my daughter at the skate park.

 
Papers and stickers are Echo Park.  I don't care for triangles of paper at the corner of a LO so I used a swoosh of Jenni Bowlin paint instead (and mirrored this under the title to tie the parts together). 

 
I also used circle stickers in place of flair ('cos I don't own any). I prefer to use either a diagonal placement OR to have 3 embellishment groups.  I went for the latter in this case and added an extra grouping at the side of the photos, which I had straightened due to them being much larger than in the sketch.
 
 
Bakers twine in a circle and my journaling finished the page off.
 
Have a super day (or evening depending on what time it is with you)
 
Louise x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Louise! Thanks for dropping by yesterday. I hope you have a great week.

    We've been looking at a replacement trampoline here too. Though there's so much more light coming in without it blocking the kitchen window lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always feels good to get those older photos scrapped! I still have a ton that I need to do. Love your layout and your take on the sketch. That's the great thing about sketches - they just give you that boost you need to get going! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!

    Monique Fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute page & pictures!!!! Thank you for joining us @Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!!! Thanks for playing along at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.