Saturday 2 February 2019

THE LAST DOMINANT by Eris Adderly 5 dark sci-fi stars

The Last Dominant
by Eris Adderly




My rating: 5 of 5 stars





Amazing world-building, an engaging plot, a dominant male and some hot, kinky sex



Well if that isn't enough to make you want to read the book, what's wrong with you? To many dark sci-fi romances forget the whole sci-fi part of the story, they are virtually no different to a contemporary romance. This didn't suffer from that failing. We had some really good world building and a love across the divide theme.


Quillian and Rushkah should be mortal enemies, their planets have been at war almost forever it seems. However they have more in common than would first appear, including some fairly rare DNA from which the title of the book originates. 


I absolutely loved Rushkah and Quillian, neither was perfect and both battled their feelings for the other. The chemistry they shared was palpable and this is one steamy and kinky read. Quillian discovers a hitherto unknown dominant side and whilst Rushkah's head rebels at the idea, her body, soul and heart have very different ideas.





The story is written third person from both POV's, so I found it easy to connect to and understand both characters. The plot held my interest and moved with good pace. It had enough detail and thought put into it to satisfy the part of me that has read sci-fi and fantasy for over 30 or so years.


If I was to criticise anything it would be that some parts of the story could have done with a little more fleshing out. The book didn't lack detail but this was one occasion where I think a few more scenes, or longer scenes would have actually added to the book. However that is very much a case of what I personally would have liked, this is still an excellent story and one I really do recommend. 






Synopsis

“I can have whatever I want. I own you.”

Qillian Wehr is the last of his kind. A bloodline of unspeakable power.
To the Imbrian government, he is a weapon. A last resort in their age-old war with Rhyolus.
His leaders want insurance. They want an heir.  They need a genetic match.   And now, they’ve found her.


Exotic. Stunning. Lethal.  Rushkah Ekhayl would murder Qillian in his sleep if she got the chance. She’s Rhyolusian. She is his enemy.


The Last Dominant is a scorching enemies-to-lovers romance where a taste of treason unlocks desires of submission and control. For mature readers only.


Publisher's Note: This steamy sci-fi thriller contains elements of power exchange. 







Ratings

5 stars - This is a book I will not forget and would definitely read again.

4 stars - I really enjoyed this book, I might not read it again but I would definitely recommend it to others.

3 stars - This story was good but either forgettable or just very typical of its genre.

2 stars - Whilst the book was readable I either didn't enjoy parts of the plot or just could not connect to the main characters.

1 star - This is a book I simply could not finish for reasons listed in the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.