Wednesday 2 May 2018

~~~~BOOK REVIEW~~~~ FOOLS RUSH IN by Lillana Anderson


FOOLS RUSH IN by Lilliana Anderson






My Review - I really enjoyed this story

When the choice is marry or die, just what exactly is a girl meant to do?


This is the story of a socially awkward woman and the sexy thief she is forced to marry.  Whilst this can be read as a standalone, it runs concurrently with Fool Me Twice.  There are events in that book that I feel would both improve enjoyment of this book, and provide a much richer back story.  We first met Alesha in Fool Me Twice and I was really curious to understand her change in attitude towards Holland, her best friend.  I enjoyed that book so much that I didn't even read the blurb for this, I just jumped straight in.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I most certainly wasn't disappointed by this book.

Holland was robbed not once but twice, by Nate.  Determined to get revenge, or at least her things back, she tracks down where the thieves live, dragging along her BFF Alesha to help.  Things don't go according to plan and the girls find themselves with a simple ultimatum.  Marry into the family or wear a pair of concrete boots.  This book picks up at the wedding ceremony and follows Alesha as she tries to navigate her way through the intricacies of being a wife and daughter in this new family. Abandoned as a child by her drug-addict mother and suffocated by her overbearing father, Alesha has become a chameleon, adapting herself to fit seamlessly and quietly into her surroundings.  However her new family help open her eyes to life and Alesha begins to question who she is and who she wants to be.

For me this authors work just gets better and better.  Alesha and Sam's story sent a tsunami of emotions washing through me, but instead of leaving damage in it's wake it left me desperate for both the next book AND FOR TOBY'S STORY!!!!!! (I just know that Ms A is going to be evil and make his the last book.)

Whilst on the surface Alesha isn't the strong heroine I tend to prefer, she actually had amazing depths of character and an inner strength even she eventually couldn't ignore.  I sort of didn't like her at one point during Holland's story, but our ever talented author put an interesting new spin on Alesha and Holland's actions, casting both characters in a totally new light.

"Was Nate insane dragging her into this? How selfish could one person be? I closed me eyes as the revelation hit me, Holland had dragged me into this without giving my safety a second thought."

The book is written just from Holland's POV, normally I'm not a fan of this BUT it really worked for this story as so much hinged on Alesha's constant doubts and lack of self-worth.  Not 'hearing' Sam allowed me to understand her fears, doubt and confusion.  However I still grew to love Sam both through Alesha's eyes and the very touching and wonderful things he said.

He pressed his lips into a sad-looking smile.
"Appearances are often deceiving. In this house, family comes first, our 
individual dreams a distant second."

I was literally glued to this, I started reading it in the early evening and didn't put it down until I had completely finished the story.  It made me laugh, cry, despair and hope.  It's pretty steamy and Sam's influence brings out Alesha's potty mouth at times.  It is such a wonderful read that I really do recommend it to you, just as I'm happy to recommend it to my family and friends.






Synopsis
I was a good girl. But I wanted him, knowing he was a thief. Did that make me bad?
Before Sam, I was the most boring, awkward and level-headed person you’d ever met. I was my best friend's side-kick, the supporting actress to another person's life. 
And I was OK like that. 
I was lonely. 
But I was OK. 
Then he came along. Our eyes locked and BANG my heart started beating. As my blood warmed and pumped around my body, everything changed. Before that moment, I had been as dead inside as my mortuary ‘clients’. 
Now I was alive, experiencing things for the first time, enamoured with a man I knew to be a criminal. 
Instead of running and remaining the good Christian girl I was, I married him.
Now, I had to live with the consequences of that decision.




Barnes & Noble: https://bit.ly/2r3IGhQ

📚Excerpt📚
He went straight for the shower and turned it on, holding his hand under the spray for a second to check the temperature. “You planning on watching?” he asked, pulling his worn out T-shirt over his head and baring that beautifully defined chest of his.
I didn’t look away, but I did blush. “You left the door open.”
He grinned. “That’s because you’re standing right against it.” Hooking his fingers in the waistband of his board shorts, he met my eyes with a quirked brow. I had to swallow a lump in my throat, but I still didn’t look away. “OK then.” He shrugged then pushed his shorts and anything he had on underneath to the floor and stood there in all his glory, hands on his hips.
“Holy mother of god,” I gasped, my eyes no doubt wide with shock. “You have a small child’s arm for a penis.”


Also in the series - 
Fool Me Twice 

Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2EDrwN7



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.