Wednesday 15 February 2017

Rise





Title: Rise
Author: Dylan Allen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 15, 2017



Blurb

As a girl, I saw my father destroy the family he claimed to love. I watched my mother waste her life dreaming of a man who left her without a second glance.

As a woman, I don’t dream, I work. I don’t fall in love, I focus. I would never let anything as frivolous as love distract me.

Until I meet Simon. A gorgeous, brilliant young architect with dark eyes, a sweet smile, and a dirty, dirty mouth. He sets me on fire, and suddenly all I can do is dream…of his hands, his lips, his body. Of a heart good enough and a love strong enough to make me believe in happily ever ajfter.

But Simon has secrets that are even deeper than mine. Will our pasts destroy everything we’ve worked for? Or will we find the courage to rise to the challenge and fight for the love we share?
RiseRise by Dylan Allen

My rating: 3.8 of 5 stars

I am going to give this almost 4 stars. The book is well written and the plot is quite different with some unexpected twists and turns.

I enjoyed the story and, whilst the main characters (in fact all the characters ) were well rounded and believable. I just didn't fully engage /connect with them or 'feel' their emotion but that is a very subjective thing so please don't let that put you off a good book.

This is why it doesn't get a higher rating from me. Whilst I wasn't left with a feeling of having read an emotional or powerful book, at no point did I get bored or feel like putting the book down as a DNF.

The pace of the story is good, the chemistry between Addy and Simon is nicely portrayed, the narrative flows smoothly and the book is easy to read.

View all my reviews






Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






Author Bio


Dylan Allen is a Texas girl with a serious case of wanderlust.

A self-proclaimed happily ever junkie, she loves creating stories where her characters chase their own happy endings.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.