Saturday 4 February 2017

Lorenzo by Ashley Rhodes (Seduced by the Mob - Book One)



I had the privilege to be gifted an arc of Lorenzo - Ashley Rhodes' latest release.  You can find it here

Amazon US

Amazon UK

GoodReads 





My Review

I gave this 4 stars on Amazon.


Overall I enjoyed this book and the quality of writing is good.  I did struggle to get into it and had 2 'false starts' but was glad that I persevered in the end. The first chapter or two didn't draw me in and I put a lot of store by this yardstick. Niether character seemed particularly pleasant or someone I wanted to read about. If a book doesn't hook me almost straight away it usually ends up in my DNF pile. However a few chapters in and I did start to enjoy the story - although the hero referring to females as 'bitches' was what caused me to put it down again. I was gifted this as an arc so I felt obliged to try and finish the book, thankfully the disrespectful attitude to women stopped and, later in the book, one of the guys actually made a statement about not using the term in front of women.


It is well written, the plot twists and turns and is quite believable. I liked the hero and heroine and their chemistry was good. There was mafia action without it being too dark or graphic, and Cheryl's background does explain why she would be ok with someone who doesn't walk on the right side of the law.

I did get to like both Lorenzo and Cheryl, they were well thought through and stayed pretty true to their character through out. There are also some very good supporting characters and I would love to see their stories.






"Your lips may be saying no but your body is singing a different tune. We can’t deny what we feel…what we need. This ain’t just about sex and you’re kiddin’ yourself if you think otherwise."




Lorenzo
Normally, women come easy for me. I ain't even gotta try. One night of sex is normally enough, then I'm on the hunt for the next trophy.

Cheryl....she's different though. And it's not just 'cos she's playin' hard to get. She's smart, she's gorgeous, and she can hold her own even with my messed up family and friends. Hell, I haven't even told her what line of work I'm in, just in case it scares her away.

Yup, I'm in deep with this girl. 

But things are about to get messy - and if I'm not careful, I'll lose everything. The scary thing is, I ain't even sure if I care, as long as I don't lose her...

Cheryl

The first time I saw him, it was like he was one of my fantasies brought to life. Tall, fit, dressed impeccably...and big where it counts. Lorenzo knows what he wants, and he knows how to get it.

Right now, he wants me.

I want him too...but he's danger personified. I don't need him to tell me that he's a mobster - everything about him just screams it at me. I should run in the opposite direction as fast as I can....but I don't. I'm drawn to him, and I can't deny it to myself.

Before long though, I get drawn into his crazy life way deeper than I ever wanted to be....and it might just be more than I can handle...

Lorenzo is the first book in a new series. It's a full-length novel with no cheating, a HEA, and no cliffhanger.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.