Wednesday 24 January 2018

BOOK RELEASE AND REVIEW ----------- HOUND (Cerberus 2.0 Book #2) by Marie James




Title: Hound: Cerberus 2.0 Book 2
Series: Cerberus: The Second Generation
Author: Marie James
Genre: MC/Contemporary Romance (Standalone)
Release Date: January 24, 2018



Blurb

My first job with the Cerberus MC was to grab a girl from a seedy bar.  Easy money, right?
The moment I realized the blonde I was hunting wasn’t around, I ended up captivated by a redhead dancing on the stage. With her striking features and sinful body, I knew she was trouble, but that didn’t stop me from making her mine that night.

When I learned that she WAS the job, everything became clouded.

I was only looking for a one night stand, but when the dust settled and she ran, my only desire was to chase her.

Should I risk my job, and quite possibly my life, in order to have her? Would she even stay if I caught her?






MY REVIEW

4.5 STARS

Although there is a big age gap between Hound and Gigi, I didn't find this too taboo or sleazy. For me it helped that she had been living independently and working, rather than still being a young adult reliant on her parents. Whilst it says MC, this is a group of ex-military guys who work as mercenaries but always on the side of good. They aren't MC in the true sense of the word and don't deal in drugs, run guns or live life on the edge of the law.

I liked both main characters and could 'feel' their chemistry and connection. Gigi and Hound's relationship is very sexual and this is one very steamy read. That didn't bother me, but I would have liked more of the book to be about how they built their relationship after returning to New Mexico. We had a lot of insta-lust prior to this but once they were back at Cerberus HQ I didn't really feel their relationship deepening. The time line was also a little jumpy and unclear at this point.

However I thoroughly enjoyed the story and was hooked from the first page. I flew through the book and really didn't want to put it down. I like the author's writing style, enjoyed the plot twists and didn't want the book to end. I'm happy to recommend this book.


Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






Also Available


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited


LAWSON & HOUND CONTINUE ON FROM THE
CERBERUS MC SERIES




AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

All free in Kindle Unlimited





Author Bio

Marie James is a full-time working mother of two amazing little boys and wife of almost 13 years. She enjoys reading in her spare time, and diet coke is always near. Central Texas is where Marie calls home and has lived most of her life. With 13 published books under her belt, she has no desire to stop writing anytime soon and has dozens of book ideas to keep her busy. 


Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.