Friday 24 March 2017

Second Chances Collection

Title: Second Chances’ Collection
Author: Madison Street
Genre:  Contemporary Romance


Little Things (Book #1) – Dark Romance Suspense
Everything in Duke Grayson’s life was all he could ever ask for: A loving family, loyal friends, a beautiful girlfriend, and a scholarship to his top choice college. It’s his senior year of high school, and all he needs is to focus on his grades, lacrosse, and keeping his girlfriend happy. That is until Raya walks into his life.
From the moment they meet, Duke is drawn to her, not only for her natural beauty and her stunning crystal blue eyes, but because he’s aware there’s more to this girl than just his alluring pull to her. He senses secrecy and fear.
Throughout the year, their bond grows stronger, and his feelings for her become undeniable. Just when he is about to express his love, tragedy strikes and Raya disappears.
For six years, Duke is tortured by his struggles, as he’s unable to find her and blames himself for failing to protect her. Until the day, she’s found, and he’s given a second chance. Will Duke become her beacon of hope and make her see that it’s the little things that make life worthwhile? Can Raya overcome her fears and fight against the terrors that haunt her? Or will her dark and torturous past be too much for her to battle against?



I'd not noticed the warning at the bottom of the blurb - and boy do you need to take notice of that warning. This book is VERY dark and has some horrific themes of abuse and sexual slavery, this is not the straight forward romance I had thought it would be. At one point I wondered if I really anted to keep reading this but I am glad I did. It is a well written, gripping, tense and pacey story with a lot of emotion and some excellent characters.

The start of the book reads like a new adult romance but it soon turns much darker. The connection between Duke and Raya was really nicely built in the first part of the story and they are both very likeable characters. They are a little immature at times but this reflects their young age and makes the story work. Towards the end of the book it is clear that they are more mature and different people than when they first met, but the author manages to keep their personalities 'true'. I liked the dual POV style, both as it allowed us to know what was happening in both their lives whilst they were apart and also to 'hear' their viewpoint.

I was disappointed that Raya's recovery was all seen from Duke's POV. Experiencing her emotional and mental battle through her thoughts and feelings would, for me, have pushed the book into the 5 star category. There was a virtual 180 degree turn in her attitude with no exploration of how or why. There were also a couple of other times where I would have liked a little more focus on the emotions and emotional struggles of characters in the book, but then I personally like a book that makes me cry as well as feel happy.

I will read more books by this author, she is a talented writer and knows how to spin a good tale.


Little Moments (Book #2) – Contemporary Romance
Think.
Think back to the exact moment when you fell in love for the first time.
That split second. That precise moment.
Can you remember it?
I can remember the day as if it were yesterday: from the light blue dress she wore, to her golden locks curved along her shoulders, down to the shocking tingle when our fingers touched. It was the happiest day of my life, and yet she didn’t even know I existed.
What if you had the chance to relive those moments? Would you take it?
I’ve waited almost ten years for her and my time has finally come.
This split second, this precise moment will change her life forever.

Whilst not as dark as Little Things, this book has its moments and is definitely one that puts your emotions through the wringer.  However the amazing writing, wonderful characters and special moments.  Roman is the most amazing hero and after all he has been (and goes) through he really touches your heart.  I grew to love Melanie in Little Things and it was both wonderful to see her story.  


Sea of Flames (Book #2.5) – Steamy Romance
It’s been six months; six months since my life has rebooted. I feel like a changed man. I never would have guessed that my life would be like this, if you asked me.
Six months ago, I was a New York City firefighter, battling my way through treacherous disasters, trying to find meaning in my life.
Six months ago, I was heartbroken, alone, desperate— desperate to find her.
To have her. To hold her.
I had pined for her for years— ten years to be exact. Since the moment I first laid eyes on her, during my senior year of high school. Her pulsing emerald eyes bore deep into my soul. They were filled with wonder, calling me to dive deeper into the imagination of what could be.
From that moment on, I knew I needed her. I had to have her.



Little Temptations (Book #3) – Sports Romance
I’m an asshole; I know it, and I’ve never pretended to be anything else. I have a crazy flip switch temper but it made me the man I am today. I’m at the top of my game, a fighter with a reputation of a battler in the ring and an alpha in the bedroom.
I don’t have to chase women; they chase me. When I’m done with them, they’re left craving more. I’ve never needed more – never wanted more.
Until…her.
I’ve never wanted anyone so badly before, but my attraction to her could kill her.
Is the temptation worth the risk?

Madison began writing at a young age. She would write episodes of her favorite television shows and her passion has grown since. She decided to pursue her dreams and debuted her dark romance suspense novel, Little Things, in June 2014. It was well received by thousands of readers and became a bestseller in Romance Suspense on Amazon.
Madison Street was born in New York City and was raised in the Bronx, where she resided until she was 17 years old. After 9/11, Madison joined the United States Navy to serve her country.
During the deployments, Madison constantly wrote short stories and she discovered her passion for writing. You will find Madison always on the computer, whether she's on Facebook, designing websites, messing with Photoshop, or writing for her blog.

Author Links:

Buy Links:
Little Things: http://amzn.to/2nfIHOG
Little Moments: http://amzn.to/2n1SaqH
Sea of Flames: http://amzn.to/2n1B78j
Little Temptations: http://amzn.to/2n1PoC5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.