Monday 20 March 2017

Perfect Imperfections by J&L Wells




When I signed up for the arc for Perfect Imperfections I had NO idea it was set in 'my neck of the woods'.  It was so nice to be able to picture the places being mentioned, rather than having to imagine them.  It was even better because this is a really good book.  It is VERY different to the typical formula for a contemporary romance, not sticking to the usual cliches and felt like a artisan piece rather than something mass produced.



This is my review of Perfect Imperfections

I rate this almost the full 5 stars or 9 out of 10.

This is so much more than a contemporary romance and it is a one heck of a story. It was so nice to read a British novel too (particularly as I'm a Nottingham girl and work in Derbyshire!). I started reading this book when I went to bed - at 2am, and with a good hour and a half left to read, I reluctantly had to put it down. As soon as I woke up I continued reading until I had finished it.

The book is written first person POV (which I like) but only from Tash's viewpoint, and this is why it lost just a sliver of a star. I really liked all the characters in this book, but since we don't 'hear' (read) Gabriel's voice I didn't fully engage with him as the hero. He didn't dominate Tash's thoughts quite enough for me. I found both Gabriel and Tash to be likeable and 'real' characters, the chemistry between them was believable and I found it refreshing that it wasn't all roses and sunshine, but that they irritated or upset each other and were sometimes a little awkward in what to say or do.

We get to know Natasha's family quite intimately as they all feature heavily in the book, for me this was a definite positive and what lifted it above other romances where support characters are quite flat or limited. The scenes and images evoked are amazing. I loved Tash's description of being in Monet's Poppy painting, the scene towards the end of the book where Josh and she watch Peter Pan, another one with Adrianna (this involves blankets and pegs and you'll know when you've read it because you will probably need a few tissues to get through it) and the one with Gabriel sharing the first winter snowfall with her.

There is so much story in this book that ISN'T romance based and I really enjoyed that about the story. I loved how much of Tash's life we get to experience, and boy there are some real ups and downs along the way and a couple of real unexpected twists before the end of the book. The ending was some of what I hoped for but given the circumstances (and you really need to read this book and find out what they are) there are still questions waiting to be answered.

There is a follow up book coming out later in the year and I will definitely be reading this to find out what happens next.





Title: Perfect Imperfections
Series: Moments #1
Author: J & L Wells
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 20, 2017



Blurb

Natasha is engaged to Josh, her childhood sweetheart and the man she’s loved almost all of her life. Her future seems all planned out, but she’s not sure it’s what she really wants.

When business commitments take Josh overseas, Natasha and Gabriel Owens, a partially sighted artist, are thrown together. Despite their immediate clash of personalities, there is an undeniable intrigue between them.

As an unexpected twist of fate leaves Natasha reeling, she finds her life in free fall. Does Gabriel have the tenacity and inner strength to pick up the pieces when he himself has so many insecurities and his own life is far from perfect?

Will they be able to piece together one another’s perfect imperfections?






Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





Pre-order


Releases May 28, 2017

Special pre-order price of 99c

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



Author Bio

Judy and Laura Wells are a mother and daughter writing duo from the heart of England. Between the two of them they own three beautiful but mad Japanese Shiba Inus and two not so active tortoises.

They’ve dabbled with a few different genres in the past, but contemporary romance has been their first love since they began writing. Perfect Imperfections is Book One in their Moments series.




Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.