Sunday 7 September 2014

A little bit nervous

Tomorrow I start teaching at a new school.  I discovered on Friday that I can no longer access the school drives remotely - so that rather put a spanner in the planning works.  It isn't helping my nerves either, I hate feeling unprepared.  Luckily tomorrow is an inset [staff only] day, so hopefully I can get the information I need then and will just have to spend tomorrow evening prepping for Tuesday and Wednesday.  The rest of the week will have to wait - especially as my planning is normally on a Tuesday, but I will lose it this week as I will be spending that time with my new tutor group. 

Like most of us I don't really like change - and this is the second time in as many years that I have worked in a new school [I did a one year temporary contract last year].  The day and lesson timing is very different at my new place so I will need to write down when lessons start and finish in my planning for a few weeks until I am used to it.


On a much more positive note, apart from journaling, I have finished the layout of my OH and I am really pleased with it.

 
The red paper is Studio Calico (from a multipack), the blue polka dot is Fancy Pants Down By The Shore - Whale [b-side] and the cream is the B side of My Minds Eye, Mildred - Girls.  I have seen the hearts [stitched] and loved them but do not sew, however I managed to glue them.  Title is mistable thickers and a simple stories alpha set.
 
 

 
 
 
I stamped the dark blue dots, 'love' and some stars, and used Mister Huey's for the 3 'dribbles', I also used silver Mister Huey and a mask for the silver splatter/firework bursts.  I am quite chuffed with how this turned out and am much more comfortable with my 'own style' these days,
 
thanks for stopping by,
 
Louise x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.