Sunday 11 November 2018

✮ (¸.•´✶ (¸.♡ BOOK REVIEW ✮ (¸.•´✶ (¸.♡

Revealing Him: A DILF Mania Collaboration

by Jennifer Domenico





My Review - 4 stars


"A scorching hot May to September MM romance"


I've read several books by this author, one of the things I love is how different each book is. I've been growing bored with some of my 'go to' authors as there books seem to be the same old, same old. That can't be said of this author, who has really thrown out an incredible curve ball with this story.

Revealing Him is a fairly quick read, though not so short I'd call it a novella. It's written to the same high standard I know to expect from the author and with a tangible passion between the characters. It's an insta-love tale, which isn't personally my 'thing' but this was the only part of the story that I didn't love.

Dom is in his 40's, widowed with a grown up son. He has a secret, a secret only one other person ever knew. He's only attracted to men. The much younger Seb is also in the closet, scared to admit his sexuality to his family. They pair hook up through a dating app and soon realise that they perfect for each other. The only problem is that Dom doesn't ever want to come out to the world and Seb is looking for a long term love.

The book really focuses on the couple, with very few scenes involving anyone else. You really get to know Dom and Seb and to believe in their connection. Despite things moving quickly between them, it still felt very natural and organic in its development. Sebastian is an intriguing mix of sensitive but also very focused, confident and hard working. Dom was, well, very dom-ly, in fact this pair had a super sexy Daddy kink going on.

There are some fairly serious issues addressed in the story, it doesn't go into great depth but since this is a romance it fitted my preferences anyway. Both Dom and Seb had hang-ups and issues, and not just with 'coming out'. It was good how they shared and discussed these with each other, the book did have angst but none of it was as a result of silly behaviour or a lack of communication.

If you're looking for an engaging, intense read, enjoy M/M, don't mind some mild kink and love well written stories then look no further. It does contain bad language, some very erotic scenes and a large age gap, so don't read this if that would be an issue. Otherwise this is definitely a book to add to your TBR list.


ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。 




Synopsis

"I freakin’ loved it! Devoured every word! Perfection." ~ Monica, Goodreads Reviewer



Detach. Withdraw. Conceal.



I'm intimately familiar with these words since locking my true desires away so many years ago. My friends will tell you I'm a widower, a successful entrepreneur, more than a little stubborn, but mostly, a devoted father. One label they would never assign to me is the one I keep hidden.



My son was my priority, but now that he's an adult, it's my time. Only I'm not looking for anything more than some casual fun. No strings attached. No secrets shared. No closets opened. My heart, like my truth, will stay safely locked away.



Until Sebastian came along. He’s my complete opposite, yet the connection is undeniable. Because of him, I'm embracing a life I never knew I needed. We still have so much to overcome, including the biggest challenge of all- revealing to my son that not only am I gay, but that he and Sebastian are the same age.



**This is a standalone MM novella intended for mature readers.**


ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。 

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Revealing-Him-DILF-Mania-Collaboration-ebook/dp/B07JKC1DZ8


ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。 

Ratings

5 stars - This is a book I will not forget and would definitely read again.

4 stars - I really enjoyed this book, I might not read it again but I would definitely recommend it to others.

3 stars - This story was good but either forgettable or just very typical of its genre.

2 stars - Whilst the book was readable I either didn't enjoy parts of the plot or just could not connect to the main characters.

1 star - This is a book I simply could not finish for reasons listed in the review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.