Monday 10 September 2018

BOOK RELEASE & REVIEW ------- WORSHIP by Jennifer Domenico


Title: Worship

Author: Jennifer Domenico


Genre: Taboo Romance

Cover Designer: Wicked by Design Hosted by: Lady Amber’s PR




Blurb: 

For a few perfect moments, she was my everything, but she was snatched away. Devastated doesn't begin to describe my pain.

Lost and broken, I turned to the one place that promised wholeness. In the years since, I've become an expert at handling grief, loss, and longing, and I help others find the redemption and peace I so desperately need.

In the most unlikely place, she appears like an angel. In her eyes, my soul is healed. In her arms, the belonging I chased for years is finally mine. The emotions I thought long dead, are reborn by her touch.

She becomes my church, her voice my choir, her love my mercy, her kiss my sacrament. My altar is her body and I worship devoutly.

What we've done, what we will do, is wrong, but when she's near, the rules are redefined. I’m not free to love her, but my heart says otherwise. I lost her once, but this time, I'll do anything to keep her.




Buy Links:





My Review - 4.5 stars  -  A super steamy and naughtily taboo romance


I early arc/beta read this book. Based on feedback the author has added a lot more angst involving Diego's choice of giving up the church or giving up Julia. I've not had time to re-read as yet but I'm fairly certain when I do that I'll be deciding to raise my rating of the book to 5 stars.



This is very different to most books that I have read by this author. It was written to the usual high standard that I would expect, with believable characters, natural dialogue and an easy flow to the writing. However this firmly falls in the 'taboo' category of reads (no incest or non-con to worry about) and is perhaps more focused on the sexy times than normal.



Julia and Diego meet very briefly as teenagers where they feel a very instant and deep connection to each other. So much so that they still thought about the other a decade later. We didn't have any silly 'saving themselves' for the other, thankfully they had both lived very full, if different, lives in the meantime.



Julia had very overbearing parents and was looking forward to her time working as an art restorer in Italy. Imagine her surprise when one of the first people she meets there is Diego, the boy with whom she shared her first kiss but was then abruptly torn away from. The attraction is still there and this is an amazing second chance for them. Only things aren't that simple.



Wow this was a very steamy read, and for a sheltered girl Julia definitely had a very naughty side to her. I loved how she knew what she wanted and determinedly went after it, even when perhaps she shouldn't have done. She is an immensely likeable character and totally believable. Diego was one very hot and broody male, and I really did feel both the connection and the chemistry between the pair.



There is one awesome plot twist, that really pulled out all the feels. Had this been a longer story I'm sure Ms Domenico would have drawn this part out and totally pulverised my heart, so I'm kind of glad it isn't! Instead this is a really hot, forbidden romance between a couple who can't keep their hands off each other, even when they should. It doesn't have any dark or unpleasantness to the taboo and as long as you don't mind lots of sexy times then this is one excellent read.


Jennifer Domenico writes contemporary and erotic romances. She loves alpha males with a soft spot, flawed characters, and strong, sassy women. Her characters usually have a side of kink and aren't afraid to demand what they want. The author doesn't apologize for that. She's a sucker for a happy ending as long as it comes with a lot of heat.
She lives in Phoenix, Arizona but is a Bostonian at heart. The way to her heart can be reached with a foreign accent, a shot of Fireball, and an unlimited supply of cupcakes.


She is also known under her alter ego, Jaelyn LaStoria, author of time traveling romances, because why not. 

The first title is Lost Within. https://amzn.to/2BH1bk6


Author Links:
Pinterest: pinterest.com/jendomenico
Instagram: jendomenicowords
Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/jennifer-domenico

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.