Thursday 23 February 2017

Silenced by Leddy Harper




Title: Silenced
Author: Leddy Harper
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 22, 2017



Blurb

Haunted by a photographic memory, I couldn’t escape the worst night of my life.
The blood they shed.
The pain they endured.
The evil that still walked free.
It was all I saw. Those memories, my childhood—the images.

Silenced and scarred.

But nothing lasts forever.
Torment turned to blinding rage. Hate sought revenge, which pursued death.
Then there was life.
The moon.
Rylee Anderson.

I had to choose...






My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my word, I am in that strange situation where you want to unread a book just so you can start it over and enjoy it again. 5 stars simply isn't enough for this epic, emotional and wonderful love story.

The first 40% of the book is set from when Rylee and Killian were children to late teens. I wouldn't have expected to enjoy a book starting with the main characters as children but I was hooked from the first sentence and could neither put the book down, nor turn the pages quickly enough. During the day I found myself snatching every opportunity to read a few more lines of this book.

The depth of feeling and emotion was both heart warming and heart breaking and just so amazingly portrayed. The (non-sexual) intimacy between Rylee and Killian was expressed so well and I fell in love with both characters within a few chapters.

The twists and turns of the later part of the story .... amazing, devastating and unpredictable. Oh and the misconceptions YOU will make (just like Rylee and Killian do) and then discover the truth about will turn you inside out.

I can not sing the praises of this book enough, but this author is now DEFINITELY in my top 10 favourites list.





Purchase ALinks







Author Bio


Leddy Harper had to use her imagination often as a child. She grew up the only girl in a house full of boys. At the age of fourteen, she decided to use that imagination and wrote her first book, and never stopped.

She often calls writing her therapy, using it as a way to deal with issues through the eyes of her characters.

She is now a mother of three girls, leaving her husband as the only man in a house full of females.

The decision to publish her first book was made as a way of showing her children to go after whatever it is they want to. Love what you do and do it well. Most importantly Leddy wanted to teach them what it means to overcome their fears.


Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.