Tuesday 11 August 2015

All that glitters ...

To help me get through the huge pile of photos and the stack of papers in my craft area, I have decided to join in with various scrapbooking challenges whilst I am off over the summer.

Over on ScrapMuch? One of the current challenges is to scrap with gold.  My daughter was going through some of my stash, picking out what she wanted using on 'her pages' and a few were journaling cards, one with gold on.  I also have a 6.5" x 6.5" Kaisercraft paper pad that has many papers embellished with gold so I pulled a few out and matched them to the patterned background and journaling cards.  This is the result.



I added a few gold stickers from the Simple Stories 'I am' range, punched flowers from the spare Kaisercraft papers and added strips of black washi tape by My Minds Eye.  A fairly simple LO but with the patterned 12 x 12 and the gold I didn't want to overwhelm things and I am pleased with the result.

Here are a few close ups of the gold items




 
 
 
You can't see on the photos here but my daughter has a cream and black spotted dress on, which helped inspire the colour scheme. 
I am really loving the gold trend at the moment - but am keeping too much of it to stroke and admire rather than using it!
 
Thanks for stopping by
 
Louise x

6 comments:

  1. Great job! Love that paper with the dots. Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Page- I really ought to have a go at this challenge as i bought some od=f those papers recently and have the dotty gold paper. Its gorgeous isn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never bought kaisercraft papers before but I am a definite fan now - thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. this is fabulous, i absoluely love how you carried the polka dots throughout your layout!!! Such a fun layout. Thank you for playing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page, love the way you used the gold? Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!! I love the journalling spot. Thank you for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.